Welcome To Kindergarten
St. John the Baptist's has a fully accredited academic program that provides a challenging curriculum that adheres to the Indiana Academic Standards and Diocesan guidelines. The main focus in the primary grades is in the areas of literacy and mathematics, as the basic elements in each are crucial for the success of the student in future grades. Below we have listed a few items regarding our curriculum of what we hope to accomplish with our students throughout their Kindergarten year.
We are proud that St. John's has been able to offer smaller class sizes for our full day Kindergarten to our families as opposed to one large class with an aide. Our small school size allows for very personal attention and support, we hope to continue to offer this for many years to come. Our school day runs from 7:50 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Some areas of study are:
- Develop a respect for appropriate church behavior. Focus on the love of God and God's world. Attend church weekly along with daily prayer and daily religious activities.
- Letters and numbers in sounding, counting, recognizing, identifying, sorting, graphing, patterns, simple addition and subtraction.
- Who we are as- Families, Community, Work, Our Earth and The USA.
- Learning foundational skills to become successful readers and writers.
- Formulate answers to questions. Understanding patterns and variations in weather and it's different purposes.
- How to ask questions correctly and develop and use models and carry out investigation and analyze and interpret data.
- Access to classroom iPad learning centers and SMART board learning technology
- Learn proper skills for effective handwriting, proper pencil grip, sitting posture, paper placement, number and letter formation with words and sentence writing.
- We also offer special classes for our young ones that include Spanish, Art and Physical Education, music as well as Library and their favorite, recess time and just having fun!
For enrollment please click on the admissions tab above and select "New Student Apply Here". Below are additional diocesan required forms to be completed for all of our kindergarten students before they begin their first day of school. If your child is already enrolled as a PK student please use the snap code that was sent to you in a separate email. If you are in need of the snap code email please request via email to [email protected].
Children must be age 5 before August 1.